If you’re over soups and chilis for the winter season, try this bowl of warm and crispy deliciousness…
Prep Time: 5–7 min
Cook Time: 25 — 30 minutes
1 large portobello mushroom
1/2 of a medium parsnip
2 medium cauliflower heads
2 cherry tomatoes
Prepping and cooking directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pinch the dark black gills out of the portobello and add to a “small bowl for later.”
3. Slice the parsnip into very thin strips small enough to fit into the crevasse of the mushroom. Add the parsnip pieces to the mushroom crevasse.
4. Now, break apart the cauliflower heads into bite-sized pieces. Add to the crevasse of the mushroom. (I love the word “crevasse” don’t you?) If you have extra pieces of cauliflower, hooray! We will deal with those in a moment. Add scraps and stalks to the “small bowl for later” bowl.
5. Strategically sprinkle salt and pepper over the mushroom and its contents. Have you seen chef Nusret Gökçe a.k.a “Salt Bae?” Watch this 30-second video below and then season your mushroom exactly like Mr. Salt Bae:
6. Next, drizzle a fun circle of olive oil onto a small baking sheet. Place that plump parsnip packed portobello on the olive oil, then drizzle a dash more of olive oil over the entire mushroom.
7. If you have extra cauliflower, toss those bad boys next to the mushroom cap like you’re throwing down dice at the roulette table in a Bruno Mars music video. Here’s the video just in case you need some cooking music:
9. Oh, don’t forget to put a few drips of olive oil on each cauliflower.
10. Now, slide Mr. Mushroom into the oven and bake for 25-ish minutes.